Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Service with a Smile

On this Memorial Day, I want to say THANK YOU to all the military members, past and present, who have served this country without a hint of selfishness, sacrificing the comforts and conveniences of home. They go when told to go, they do when told to do, and they serve when told to serve. They eat meals that have been vacuum packed. They miss school plays and piano recitals. They sleep on dirty palettes. They live under constant scrutiny and authority and thrive there. Their instincts are first to protect and secure. They are fighting a war minute by minute that many of us don't think about on even a daily or sometimes weekly basis. They miss out on the love of their wife and the hugs of their children and the support of their parents/siblings.

To these people serving me and my country, appreciation and gratitude is not enough. It is hard to put a value on freedom but it is calculated by years of service and the actual lives sacrificed by those stepping up to the plate year after year. To those that have served and are serving, we all applaud you and pray for you and appreciate your sacrifice for the individual and corporate good of our amazing and free United States.

Thank you to:
Mr Henry Harper Sr. (and my awesome Pappaw),
Mr. Lloyd Fredregill (my awesome Grandpa)
Mr. Wayne Rogers,
Mr. Bill Patterson,
Mr. Patrick Sieber,
Mr. Charles Wingo, and
Mr. Dale Ausborn

...just to name a few of those whose service has had an impact on me or someone I am close to directly. I appreciate the willingness to sacrifice those things mentioned and unmentioned for someone else other than yourself. We are forever grateful!

Is there anyone else who you want to thank publicy on Memorial Day 2009? Comment away...

No comments: