Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Name - MASTER

Is Jesus only our Savior or is He our true Master?

One saying that has gained a lot of popularity in societal circles has been "It is better to ask forgiveness than permission." I feel certain that I have said it myself. Unfortunately, it almost always stems from a heart that puts our wants, needs, choices as our Master rather than Christ. After putting our preferences in that "Master" position, we expect and depend on Christ as Savior to save us from our poor choices. This is not Christ's best for us.

I do not want to take ANYTHING away from the saving grace of Jesus's death and resurrection and those that know my heart, know this about me. Absolutely we are nothing without the blood of Jesus shed to glorify His Father and for the salvation of the children of God. However, just because we are forgiven does not give us the right and or opportunity to live in ways that are not submissive to our Master. It says in I Samuel 15:22-23 --
"Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
as in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
and to listen than the fat of rams."
John MacArthur states in his commentary (which is EXCELLENT, by the way)...
"This is the essential OT truth. Samuel stated that God desires heart obedience over ritual sacrifice... (Sacrifice) was never intended to function in place of living an obedient life..."
Being obedient to the Master rather than depending on the Savior when you choose to ignore the Master is commanded. Are we going to fail and need the Savior? Of course. But, should we placate our desires at the expense of submission to the Master?
Never.

No comments: