Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Name - King

I have had "a day" today. "A day" in which I felt that I really needed to get off the train that is looping round and round the earth at break neck speed because I am starting to feel nauseated.

I need a breather.

I need a little bit of time alone.

The circus monkey needs a nap and probably a banana.

Dipped in chocolate no less.


Are you getting me?


Today, I started off weepy and ended weepy and had a few weepies in the middle as well. I was set off by a kind comment this morning, by the lack of a kind comment at lunch, by the frustration of being unable to say "no" at times, and again at the end of the afternoon while recapping the crying with a friend at dinner.

I also had a kid spit in my coffee this morning which didn't help the matter.

I want someone to be in charge of my life and so I can just rest and quit worrying. I need someone stronger than me, smarter than me, more patient than me, more powerful than me, calmer than me and more loving than me to take charge here. I think maybe that is what a King does. That is what Christ the King does.

I need Christ to be King of my life and not the page boy. I need to be Esther coming boldly before the King pleading for the people in my life. I need to feel the security of royal body guards the King provides. I need to know the wisdom of the King. I need to nestle up in the King's robes and sit with Him at His feet and put my head on His knee.

And He is waiting even still today for me to do just that.

He is waiting for you, too.

2 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! I have so been trying to let Him be King lately, but then it's one string of events after another and I just return back to my shell where it's "safe." I have been trying to get on w/ my grief of losing Selah, then I get in a hit and run - not hurt, THEN we get robbed the very next day. yada yada yada...I need to the King back on His throne.
Thank you for those words.

Christi said...

Laura, I am so sorry that you have had to go through this trying season. I know this probably ranks up there as one of the most difficult in recent years if not your life. The King is also the Shepherd and loves His sheep, when we get ourselves into a mess, when we get lost, when we are unexpectedly attacked. He puts us around the back of his neck and caries us back to safety. He is more than able to get you through this. The Shepherd protects and the King is in charge. He determines the course of events and is THE safe house to turn to when we are attacked or broken. Love you!