Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, June 1, 2009

It Is a Blessing....

It is a blessing to have a job
that pays a regular check each and every month.
It is a blessing to have good health
and ability to be active.
It is a blessing to have good friends from 1981
all the way to my newest friend
made a few weeks ago.
It is a blessing to have a healthy family
where no one suffers from life ending illnesses
and/or physical diseases.
It is a blessing to have clothes
and enough to not wear the same shirt everyday.
It is a blessing to have a place to stay
with my own room and closet and study area
and place to be by myself.
It is a blessing to have a God centered church
with exceptional preaching and scripturally based worship.
It is a blessing to have parents
that are still married after 39 years.
It is a blessing to have an outlet where I can write
and hopefully encourage, vent, inspire and teach
and make some laugh a little.
It is a blessing to have opportunity to minister to others in music.
It is a blessing to live in a free country
where millions of other people would like to live.
It is a blessing to have financial resources
to pay my bills and much of my entertainment desires.
It is a blessing to have options.
It is the biggest blessing to have a relationship with the
Creator, Healer, Savior, Redeemer,
Teacher, Sovereign, Almighty God
who can take anything we give to Him,
good or bad,
and use it
to make us holy.
__________________________________________________

This is me talking myself out of complaining on here.
Really, when you have so much to be thankful for,
why complain about anything?

No comments: