Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Name That Tune!

Woo-hoo!!! There's been a change in blog world for Christi! YES!!! We have added music and what a CHANGE that makes. I love it but I wish I could see your faces when each of you hear the songs that randomly appear in sequence. So funny! Anyway, one of my chico readers has requested a copy of "The Name" by Anadara so I thought that I would add a playlist of music which I incidentally have been working on since Sept. 2008 - seriously. As I told him, unfortunately, I cannot find a copy of that song to be put in sequence on my playlist. I found it on iTunes and scrounged up a buck o' two in the couch cushions to download it. I don't know if that helps you guys or not but in my opinion, I think it is worth the .99 cents. Just my opinion.



So, let's yammer on the tunes... so excited about this! Excited to find some oldies but goodies and some there were some disappointments as well, of course. We're not in heaven so there will never be perfect playlist except on God's ipod. Anyway, I have added around 70ish tunes to the playlist and look forward to adding more but honestly, I feel like I have overdone it. I mean how long are you people hanging out on the blog for goodness sake? BUT..... there are some goodies on there.



I did try to have a reason for putting songs on the play list besides just "I like this!". I left some of my faves off because the lyrics were not the most uplifting (I love some of those melodies though) and there are some on here that are probably NOT my favorite but clearly typify some element of my life. There are several TV theme songs on there that I saw flashes of people at work. There are country songs that make me think about particular people. There are Christian songs that have ministered to me in profound ways. All in all, a good list of songs that can all speak about something in my life.



The fun part might be trying to figure out how things go together and why I would put certain songs on there. I leave that with you. Ask questions... post comments... report memories... make sure everything is clean...



I'll leave you with some...



1) "To Make You Feel My Love" - by KRIS ALLEN!!! -- I think this has already been covered as to why this song might be on here but just in case it wasn't clear.... I like him. I like him and I like this song and so I put it on here.


2) "Diff'rent Strokes" Theme - well, CLEARLY one of my favorite shows and why wouldn't it be? Loved a little Mrs. Garrett and Mr Drummond, Kimberly, Willis and Arnold. Things didn't turn out so well for the kiddos in real life but I hear Mrs. Garrett is still kickin' and earning wages. Good for her, I say. Plus my sister just adopted two kids from Ethiopia... so it is kind of like our family... kind of...



3) "Single Ladies" - speaks for itself... nobody's put a ring on it... perhaps it is because I do not own any Derion jeans. Lame... but I like the beat.



4) "Everyday America" - Talks about going to state and bringing home trophies in high school and that musters up good memories of going to semi finals in football our junior year. How can you not tap your foot to this?

5) "How Could I Ask for More" - a great all time favorite of mine and my sister-in-law recorded it several years ago. It is in the top 25 songs played out of 3500 on my Itunes library. Very fitting of my life.



There will be more follow up discussion on this. Until then, my goal is to blog every day on the name of the day. Tomorrow, I will blog on God being our Abba Father.

Blessings and Be Bops!

No comments: