Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, May 18, 2009

The Name - Abba Father

Whenever I think about God as Abba Father, the image that it conjures up in my mind is the tallest body, the strongest build, the mightiest intellect, the most charismatic personality, the choleric leader and the ultimate decision maker, crouching down to become eye to eye with his little girl when she asks him to come to her tea party in the middle of the most important task the world can offer.

To me, "Abba" softens "Father" a bit. It makes me think that He is more concerned about what I am concerned about which is not always world politics and the economic state of Belarus. I am concerned that I lost my phone or that I am running late. I am concerned that my sheets need to be changed or my dog needs to be walked. "Abba" seems to embrace the little things, the innocence of things, the childish things that seem to trip us up daily. "Father" follows it up by having the power and strength and decisiveness and determination to take action on my behalf. He is effectual and affectionate. He is firm and affirming. He is carrying my burdens while He is carrying me.
Not a theologian's post... just simple thoughts from Abba's daughter.
Any thoughts from the other kids? What does Abba Father mean to you? How does this name manifest itself in your life and change you to become more like Him? Does it?

No comments: