Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

THE Name

I have run across this singer songwriter, Anadara (pronounced Anna-dare-uh), who signed with SpringHill Records in 2005 and has recorded this great song. She wrote it with Joe Beck and Billy Sprague and I just love it. It has such a simple melody and yet won the best Scripture Song in 2005 by the Worship Leader Magazine Praise Awards. One reason why I like it is because it is simply a list of names of Almighty God. I want to share the lyrics below just so you can think see who He is line by line. I believe in praying the names of God and I want to issue a challenge.

For the next 30 days, why don't we all take the following names of God and pray these to Him and about Him and for Him. Beyond bringing glory to Him which is what we are ultimately called to do, I am convinced it WILL change YOUR life. It will powerfully impact your life in ways that reality TV can't even come close to... encourage you in ways your spouse can't fathom.... fulfill you in ways your job never will... show you love of a God who created you for you to love in return. I urge you to try it and see if doesn't change you... even if you try it to prove me wrong... try it. Make it a point each day to spend even just 2-3 minutes focused in prayer to God and call Him by his name of the day. I think that more is better because there is so much more to Him than 2-3 minutes but if you're just starting out... take just a few and spend it with...

1.) ABBA FATHER
2) LIVING WATER
3) SHEPHERD
4) SERVANT AND
5) KING
6) MASTER
7) TEACHER
8) LORD AND
9) KEEPER
10) COUNSELOR
11) PRINCE OF PEACE
12) ALMIGHTY
13) CREATOR
14) EMMANUEL
15) SAVIOR
16) ADONAI AND
17) THE ROCK
18) HOSANNA
19) MESSIAH
20 YAHWEH
21) JEHOVAH
22) ALPHA
23) OMEGA
24) GOD
25) FRIEND AND
26) HEALER
27) CHRIST
28) REDEEMER
29) GREAT IS THY GLORIOUS NAME
30) JESUS
THE Name !!
I am going to really want to hear from those who take on the challenge. I think it is so important for us to encourage each other in the faith. Walking around down here is HARD... Where are my Amen-ers? Let's hear it, chicas and the two chicos that read here.

2 comments:

daron said...

Chico checking...can you send a link to this song or add it to your blog? I searched on youtube for "anadara the name" and got nothing. My high tech life is offering no other alternatives....

Christi said...

Well, I have been trying to add music to the blog for awhile now. YOur comment was the impetus for me to get it together. Unfortunately, I went overboard. Shocking! AND, more unfortuantely than that, I cannot find a copy of "The Name" by Anadara to put in my playlist. Hello, the whole point was just missed. Very frustrating. Anyway, I will be blogging very soon about the music. In the meantime, I will try and send you a copy via email but I am not sure I know how to do that.