Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

When I come home to visit my family, I go to church with my parents who attend a solid church. By "solid", I mean unashamedly proclaiming the unabashed gospel of Jesus Christ in an expository manner with thoroughness and thought-provoking practical application.

Yes - "Solid" really means all of that.
Founders Baptist Church is located in Spring, Texas in a modest and nicely situated facility. Pastor Richard Caldwell has been the pastor there since 1998 and is dedicated to the exposition of God's Word at any and all costs. The first sermon I ever heard brought conviction and gratitude for all Christ has done for me in a way that I have never been before. Never one to promote overblown emotionalism, this pastor preaches in an understated way with a way overstated result if that is possible. People are changed when they attend this church. It is a place of solidarity between generations, between leadership and laymen and between God and man through Jesus Christ. I have learned so much each time I have visited and believe that God has His hand on this church and on this pastor. You can trust him. You can believe that He is consistent. You can see that He is humble and yet passionate for the lost and a vision for the future.
If you are ever in the Houston area, please consider visiting Founders Baptist Church. You will hear God's Word in ways that will change your life.
Thank you, Pastor Richard, for choosing your life's primary path of educating, demonstrating, and encouraging others in the ways of the Lord. I am a life that has been impacted by you and the Holy Spirit for the glory of God.

No comments: