Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

CD Release Party Pictures

I wanted to let you guys see some of the pictures from the release of HEAR. These are not all of them but a smattering of some of the evening's fun moments. I want to send a shout out to Alicen Herrin and Natalie McCullough who were there all night long (and Natalie was so agreeable to find out about and take on the responsibility the night of the event. Thank you so much, neighbor!) You might recognize the name "Alicen" because we have been friends since 3rd grade and I have blogged about her in the past. Here is yet another thing that she jumped in and helped me do and, of course, she did it perfectly as every time before. THANK YOU to both of you sisters. I so appreciate you!

So, "HEAR" we go....


Opening with "Everlasting God"
I should mention that it is extremely difficult to maintain appropriate pitch on a sustained note and walk with purpose in heels approximately 20 feet to stagefront debuting a intensely personal work with the shakes of nerves and everyone you love from the last 30 years in the same room staring at you nervously. I'm just sayin'...


"Made Me Glad"
Here, the cotton mouth was mostly gone and the pressure was lessening which is exactly opposite of how performances usually go for me. I am usually OK at the beginning and as the song goes on and time increases, I tend to get more nervous. Still for me, a pressure packed situation but one in where I CLEARLY saw the presence of the Lord calm my nerves and give me a peace that could only come from Him. I just love the song "Made Me Glad".

(Just a background bit of info, I found out on Thursday afternoon before the release on Friday that this track to "Made Me Glad" had some pretty significant (to me, at least) mistakes in it that were unaccounted until the music was run through a professional sound board. Another attack by the enemy. Thank goodness Jim Hammerly was there to help get us through those little issues.)

A good friend of mine, Jim Hammerly (formerly of Brooklyn Tabernacle and Christ Church in Nashville, currently with Brentwood Baptist Church in Brentwood, TN), graciously carved some time out of him schedule to fly to Houston and be part of this special evening. The Lord absolutely knew that we HAD to have him there to help out with so many things that we didn't even know about until he got there. Masterfully, he played a couple of songs for me on stage as well as provided music for the reception. He helped out with the glitches on the track, the mix, the musical details and was a go to person for the tech crew. My parents and I have said time after time that Jim was literally a God-send for that night.

God provides exactly what we need before we even know we need it!


Tim McDermott, general manager and President of KSBJ Radio, 89.3 in Houston served as the MC for the evening and was outstanding. Yet another way the Lord demonstrated that He is Lord over all the details. We were so blessed that Tim agreed to come out that night and offer his heart and services.


God demonstrated His great love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I believe that given His sacrifice for me, I have the joy and the responsibility of ministering to others in His name. I know that I have been placed where I am for such a time as this. It is not by accident or a series of haphazard decisions or circumstances. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I will not back down,


stop singing,


quit talking,


stand aside,


take for granted,


be unavailable, fruitless nor useless


for His cause and calling on my life.


I will continue for as long as I have breath and I pray that He finds me available and willing to be a good steward of this high calling.


Thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity to live out dreams and for dreaming bigger dreams for me than I have for myself.

No comments: