Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Who Will Be Knockin' on Heaven's Door?

I subscribe to a blog by Abraham Piper. Yes. The son of John.

I chose to subscribe to this blog for a couple of reasons:
1) His blog's name is 22 Words. The point is to engage thought, make a point, induce a laugh, etc. in 22 words. ONLY 22 words.

I thought "How is that possible?" I think possibly 2200 words or MAYBE 220 words but 22 words? Seriously.

Yes. He does it day in, day out.... and I am amazed and intrigued and challenged to say more with less. (Perhaps with the next post...)


2) His wife is a speech pathologist and at times, he speaks "my language" of daily events when talking about or quoting his wife.

3) He is the son of one of the greatest preachers and, in my mind, challenging writers that I have gotten to partake of in my short life and I assumed that he has picked up some of his father's giftings. This was one assumption in which I was correct and though different, he still addresses concepts, thoughts, and perspectives I want to be challenged with and engaged on generally speaking.

Anyway, His post of the evening is....

"We will be shocked by who’s in Heaven.

Do we live like this is depressing or
exciting for us?
"


I fail, but I want my life now to prove I’ll be overjoyed—not annoyed—with
whoever else God lets into Heaven.

(See - count 'em... 22 words)



I had not thought about that perspective before.

Are there really some people who were called by God into heaven that I will be disappointed , chagrined, irritated even at the fact that they, too, are in heaven?

I have thought about a lot of people that I would sincerely want to be in heaven but will not be there whether it is because they have either shown no interest, refused to discuss the topic, are banking on good works alone, "trusting in chariots and horses", or defiantly rebut the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. This I think about and think about WAY more often than about those who I would be ticked about arriving there with me.

Have you thought about this?
Are you talking to those that you want to be there in heaven with you?

More importantly....

....are you talking to those that you DON'T want to be there in heaven with you?
Why or why not?


HT: Abraham Piper @ http://twentytwowords.com/

No comments: