Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Three Days More...

I spent time up at work today and got a lot finished with regards to packing up boxes and getting a few things organized. I also provided keys for a scatterbrained colleague and a conversational partner for one of my crazy friends who is also looking at 5 days more. What will these people do when I am not there to borrow keys from and provide witty banter?

I suppose they will continue to find someone else to provide for those exact things.

Everyone is replaceable.

That is sometimes hard to hear. There is the knowledge that life will continue on as normal at the clinic and there will be many lunches and conversations I will miss out on. It is sad to me a little. I trust that my time there at Vanderbilt is now over because He is moving me on to a different place where He will grow and stretch me, probably more than I could ever imagine.

Honestly, I'm nervous.

But it is amazingly exciting what the Lord is going to do in the next several months!

Please pray for me as I am continuing this journey that the Lord placed in my heart when I was a girl of 6, singing from the top of my lungs "Lookin' For Love In All the Wrong Places".

Hey, you gotta start somewhere!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That was a hard lesson for me, also...not because I actively thought that I was irreplaceable, but because I never thought about the fact that I was replaceable. It just reminds us of the greatness of God and makes me so thankful that He knows our paths.

I am glad to have found your blog and look forward to following it! :)