Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Women in Christian Media

Hey Y'all!

Wanted to blog a little bit about this organization/network that I am newly a part of. It is called Women in Christian Media and was established in 2001 by Suellen Roberts who is out of the Dallas area. There are 4 regional areas: Dallas, Nashville, Chicago, and Costa Mesa California. This group is a collection of women who are actively involved in all kinds of media outlets from radio, TV, publishing, music and web based businesses.

"Women in Christian Media™ is a fellowship dedicated to connecting women working in Christian media in purpose and vision. We provide a framework for networking, opportunities for professional and personal development and work toward advancing Christian media - and the women in it."

This group's theme verse or Scripture is Esther 4:14 which says,

"Who knows but that you have come to this position
for such a time as this."

If you know me at all, you know that Esther 4:14 has been somewhat of a life verse for me and one that I find myself quoting very often. The circumstances of me getting connected with this group has been so random and out of the blue, it has made me sit up and take notice that God IS at work. I am serving on the Task force for the Southeast Area based primarily in Nashville and we have our first meeting tomorrow night since I have been a part of this great group of women. I am excited to see what the Lord will do with a network of women who love Him and are focused on serving Him through media means.

Please pray that the Lord will connect those that need to be connected and through all the personalities and ministries that will be represented tomorrow night, that God Almighty will be the main event and focus of the evening. Without Him, we are nothing.

Check back for details. If you are interested in contacting me about this group whether it be doctrinal statements, mission statement, membership, events/activities.... please write a comment here under this post or contact me through my website: www.christiharper.com

Would love to talk to you about it!

Blessings!

No comments: