Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

How can I possibly tell everyone adequately how much I truly appreciate all the support and help and love that I have received over the last several weeks all leading up to this past Friday night? The Lord showed up in a MIGHTY way and He had HIS way with the CD release party. Praise the Lord as that is exactly what we prayed for that evening. As I mentioned in my last post, I have the greatest prayer teams ever and I know there are people who definitely prayed for me by name whose names were not on that list. I have lost count exactly how many people have either called me, emailed me or texted me that they were praying on an ongoing basis as well as those who prayed specifically on Friday night. What a blessing you all are to me!

Let me first say that I can attest to the fact that when God is at work, the enemy is fighting mad and trying to detract and distract all of our hearts and minds from the whole purpose of the work. I struggled with discipline of the mind all week that I was home and even the night before, trying to bring all thoughts under my will and making them obedient to Christ was difficult. The familiarity of home and the well wishes of so many people in the community as well as the millions of little details that needed to be completed all made it a moment by moment process to make sure and stay focused on the main purpose we were all working for. There were "bumps" the entire week that really kept us on our toes and really should have kept us on our knees. God is thankfully, long suffering and slow to anger.

When Friday night actually got here, the stress for me was high but everything, in my opinion, turned out absolutely beautiful! The team pulled together and really depended on the Lord to make this release party a success and what I joy it was for me to really sit back and watch it come together. Amazing!

We had a pre-reception around 7 PM for some close family and friends that lasted for about 45-50 minutes and then the public was welcomed in around 8 PM. We had approximately 200+ people there who all came in and got seated before Tim McDermott, the general manager of KSBJ 89.3 Christian Radio Station, came up to begin MC duties. The night was opened in prayer by an old pastor/ministry leader and friend of mine, Fred Dallas. I love His heart for the Lord. Then Tim came and began hosting giveaways which was a big hit. He introduced me and I began the music part of the evening with "Everlasting God" followed by "Made Me Glad" and a pseudo-spontaneous verse of "My Jesus, I Love Thee" with the piano.

One of my biggest blessings of the entire event was the fact that my dear friend, Jim Hammerly, formerly of Brooklyn Tabernacle and Christ Church in Nashville, was able to fly down and play for the evening. What an honor for each of us and especially for me! I felt so relaxed on stage and knew that since Jim was there, the music and all those things pertaining to music would be taken care of. He was such a blessing!

Tim McDermott was able to take the stage and actually conduct an interview with me following a congregational sing along of "My Jesus, I Love Thee." He was totally at ease and made me feel so relaxed as well. He was funny and engaging and the consummate professional. Yet another blessing the Lord so clearly worked out. I was asked no less than 8 times how in the world I got Tim McDermott to MC this event...

God worked it out. Pretty plain and simple to me.

I sang "There is No Chain" and then closed with "Work of Art" which is one the dearest songs to me. It is one of those songs that I so wish I had written because it says so much of what I pray for in my life. It ministers to me when I sing it and hopefully people can see that.

There were people there who showed up from as far as central Louisiana and Nashville and many people I had not seen in many years. For those who travelled long distances and those who took time out of your busy schedules to come support me, "Thank You" is not strong enough. You were there for the culmination of a dream I have had for 30ish years and I am so glad that you all got to share that moment with me.

TO God be the glory, great things He hath done!

No comments: