Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Speech Pathology Magic Words

Attention all SLPs:

An actual quote out of my mouth today to a mother as I was conducting a diagnostic assessment on a child with a tongue tie...

"In this particular case,
talking with his tongue tied is about as effective
as tweezing your eyebrows with salad tongs."

Tell me no stories, I tell you no lies.

4 comments:

Cass said...

And her response was...???

Christi said...

Responses were:

Mother gave me the bug eyes and said "OH. Ok. That makes sense but I never thought of it that way."

Of course, she didn't! I am the only whack coming up with stuff like that.

Father gave me a pretty good chuckle and then a blank look.

Know why?


He had a unibrow.

Kingwood Commenter said...

Seen on a bumper sticker:

The Few. The Browed. The Klingon Marines.

Any connection at all?

Congratulations on "Hear"! We'll attend if at all possible.

Christi said...

I like it! It hits one of the clear "hot buttons" of this blog: parking and eyebrows. Weird. I never planned that. And I never knew I had issues with these two topics....
Thank you! Hope you'll get to be there! I'm looking forward to it!