Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

An Opaque Vision Turning Translucent, Not Yet Tranparent

When I was a little girl, I was inevitably asked the same question by many people. When you were a child, you were asked the same question.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I don't know what your answer was ... or IS. I guess some of us are still growing up. Maybe I am one of those people. I remember knowing somewhere in my "knower" that I was going to be a singer and a mommy and I went about telling people that these two things were my goal in this lifetime. Funny, that at my age, well into my 30's, I have yet to achieve either of those things. Less "funny" meaning "Ha! Ha!" and more"funny" meaning "odd" in my perspective. However, in God's perspective, I think that "funny" might mean "that girl is so crazy thinking that I have forgotten her." All in due time, friends.
I have mentioned on here that I am getting close to the CD launch in Houston. It is coming, FINALLY. I do not have a completely firm date but hopefully, I should find that out tomorrow afternoon and I will post as soon as I know. Here is the glory of God... it looks totally different than what I ever thought it would look like. Seriously. Totally different. I had no idea what it would look like because my vision was really opaque but a vision nonetheless. In some ways, might it be like the pictures you see in the clouds. When studying them, you really think there are images, concepts, pictures visualized in this ethereal world. And then, their gone. Were they even there at all?
Friends, it appears that the vision was real and the Lord is lifting some of the fogginess of the initial vision. What is so amazing is that while I was wondering if the vision was real or not, questioning the timing and situations surrounding it, the Lord has been orchestrating people, events, and circumstances to almost completely encircle the cloudy vision, just outside of my visibility.
Isn't that just like God?
Always working on our behalf and showing up at just the perfect time. Why do we doubt?
Through random (to me) and yet clearly God-ordained circumstances, the use of technology and a step of faith, I have been contacted by a national group who are basically a networking group/ministry who have presence in Christian media outlets from TV, radio, web based businesses, music, and written word. I have been asked to be part of the Nashville connection/Southeast US regional group. This is an opportunity that I was not looking for and honestly, had no idea anything like this was even out there. I will be on the task force for this area and work hard to bring other like minded women into the Nashville fold - those that are interested in becoming an integral part of media as christian women and furthering the cause of Christ through a means almost completely taken over by culture and a godless society.
I wanted to share this opportunity for a few reasons.
  • First, if I am completely honest, I am scared to death about this very clearly ordination of the Lord to move me in a different direction than where I have been operating on a day to day basis. It is what I wanted and what I want even now but I am still scared. Satan knows this is the area where I struggle and he taunts me day after day about the unknown and the illogical reasons why this should or could be happening. He is a strong foe but I serve a mighty God and I know that He has placed me in this position that I am in for such a time as this (Esther 4:14). I know that I know.
  • Second, I share this because I am requesting prayer for this new leg of the journey that I am travelling. I pray that fear would not paralyze me and not cause me to be disobedient to what the Lord has called me to do. I pray that I would walk by faith and not be sight. I pray that I would want what He wants for me rather than what I want for me. I don't even know what that looks like. I do know that I would hate to be caught wondering what it was that He wanted me to do while, in 20 years from now, I was still sitting doing what I knew I could do on my own and walked in the knowledge and power of ME. What a sad testimony for my life!
  • Third, I want to use this situation as an encouragement to you. Are you struggling with stepping out on faith? Are you holding on the dream of what may be instead of what is? "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things now seen". (Hebrews 11:1) I am not saying that God is a sort of "Sugar Daddy" but He is our Father and He loves to give us things that we desire that can be found in Him. He has storehouses of blessings stored up for us to disseminate to us throughout our lives. Don't think that He is finished passing out your blessings. He is not. Dare to dream outside of the reality you live in and know that God is the God of the "impossible". Move forward in faith. Take responsibility for your obedience and do not let fear keep you stuck where you are. He has called you to life and life abundantly.

Psalm 27:13-14:

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD

in the land of the living!

Wait on the Lord;

be strong and let your heart take courage;

wait for the LORD!"

Patience and perseverance are key. Wait for the Lord. Take the courage that has been prayed up for you. Do it today! Don't wait. Live abundantly. Even if it is one tiny step, MOVE! You have to. Don't take the easy way out. You pray for me. I'll pray for you. Let's move together and trust God with our very lives. Then, when the fog lifts and the opaque turns to translucence and the translucence turns to tranparency, WE WILL SEE GOD.

We will see how He has created the vision,

He has organized the manpower to help facilitate this vision to fruition,

He has orchestrated the symphony you will march to,

He has counted the seconds of time until the exact moment of revelation and

He has positioned Himself

in the greatest possible place of receiving glory

for the world to see.

We serve a great and amazing God of grace and glory! I am humbled and blessed.

3 comments:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

Wow. I'm behind on reading. You put up so many posts in a row that I miss out on big news.

YOU GO GIRL.
God is so moving in your world and I love watching it!

Christi said...

Thank you, Mandy! I appreciate your sweet words. God is moving in my world and the realms around me in ways that are so obvious to me. He always is but sometimes it is difficult to see. I am excited about seeing what the Lord will do in the future. Love you, Girl!!!

ASliceOfLifeToGo.com said...

Googled a phrase from Tommy Nelson that a Facebook friend sent to me. The only search result was an old comment left on your blog several years ago. So that's how I stumbled on to your site from out here in Texas. I've enjoyed reading. Blessings to you - I hope you are seeing God's hand in the details of your life.

Todd Thompson
Lubbock, TX