Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

SinGLE - Party of One - SinGLE

Want to pitch out some articles or series of written entries that I have read about singleness, courtship, relationships in general. These primarily came from my blogging "friends" that I visit and read on regularly and wanted to share with my single readers. These are not only for SINGLE ladies and they are not only for single LADIES. They will impact the lives of those that read them no matter what your relationship status is. Let me say this, if you yourself are not single, there is a really good chance that someone you love (like your aunt or your daughter) is or will be sometime in their lifetime. These are really thoughtful and wise writers who have a strong spiritual heritage and recommendations to back up their reputations.

Check them out!!!

1) Carolyn McCulley's blog: Radical Womanhood -
Great article on the cultural romance "flu". It can change how you feel about love and courtship.
http://solofemininity.blogs.com/posts/2009/06/youve-got-lies-chick-flicks-and-the-worlds-approach-to-men-and-marriage-.html

2) Carolyn Mahaney and her three grown daughters blog: Girl Talk -
Section of entries on what to do while your preparing for marriage and how not to waste your single years....Let's use the time positively we have while we still have it...
http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/category/courtship/

3) Nancy Leigh DeMoss blog- Reviving Our Hearts -
I LOVE her! She is herself a single women who just turned 50 and is so wise, discerning and solidly biblical when it comes to theology. Her article actually pertains to women who are married to "unbelievers" or a husband living as an "unbeliever".
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/uploads/ABCsSpiritualSingle.pdf

4) Lydia Brownback blog- The Purple Cellar -
Collection of short entries about facets of single life. I really enjoy reading everything on her blog.
http://purplecellar.blogspot.com/search/label/singleness

5) Titus2Talk
Great blog where they post lots of great pieces from around the web. They reference some very solid articles. This is their section on singles.
http://titus2talk.blogspot.com/search/label/Singles

I don't do that very often but thought I would show you around to the places that I visit from time to time and I haven't particularly talked to my single friends in a while.

So, blog out, venture away.... but be sure and come back.

No comments: