Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Parking: Part II

OK. Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, because it has taken me so long to get this written down, there have actually been a two more funny episodes that have happened since the parking issue but, as with many sanguine personalities, I can no longer remember them. I just remember thinking, Oh My Gosh! I am totally going to blog about this!!! Now... my memory is shot.

So, let's move along on this story before I forget this one as well...

The parking saga...

If you will remember, a while back I posted and entry about the territorial neighbors that I live around. It went something like this. Review at your leisure.

So, because there are such issue with parking in this community, the HOA has given out parking notices to each resident to place on people's cars if there is a problem with parking. They are little squares of paper that say stuff like: You are parked illegally in this place based on the following qualifications:
- parked in someone else's parking place without permission
- parked going the wrong direction
- parked on the curb
- parked too far from the curb
- parked in front of a hydrant
- parked in front of a house with a door
- parked on concrete
- parking brake depressed on this park job
- your car has windshield wipers
- you have a first and last name
- you pay monstrous dues for HOA and yet we need more money.

You get the drift...

I have to be honest, due to the geographic location of the condo where I live, it is very common for other people to park in my parking place in front of the condo. We are the first condo when you pull into the street so it offers mucho convenience for everyone... except me when I come home from work and there is someone parked in my spot. I don't generally get angry easily. I get irritated sometime over stupid stuff but usually, I find most things funny.

I do NOT find this funny. I honestly get really TICKED when someone is parked in my parking place. Why? BECAUSE I KNOW THOSE JOKERS WHO LIVE AROUND ME ARE GOING TO CALL THE COPS AND MAKE 'EM WRITE ME A TICKET IF I PARK ANYWHERE ELSE BESIDES IN FRONT OF MY CONDO!!!

That is why.

I would by lying if I told you I had not put a few of those tickets up on the windshields of cars parked illegally in my parking place. HOWEVER, I always leave nonabrasive notes attached. NOT like the one that I got with threats of tow trucks and doggy disposal. In fact, this is what I wrote on the last parking notice I left on a truck with a Texas license plate...

"Hi! I LOVE Texas people and so I am sure that you guys are great but unfortunately, this is a personal parking place and I don't have anywhere else to park so, even though you are visiting and probably didn't know, please park near the pool so I can park in my correct spot. Enjoy your visit! :)"

Hello!! I practically offered to be there tour guide for the duration of their trip. Nonabrasive? I would call it really overly friendly. Probably obnoxious to some. My sister would totally roll her eyes if she got that message so I am sure some people would gag. Sorry. Love me, love all of me. Anyway, they got the message (because I was watching out the window) and put it in their truck and left. When they came back , they parked in front of their host's condo. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling.

UNTIL...

The next morning, I received a parking notice on my car that was parked IN MY OWN PARKING SPOT for the following reasons:
- parked going the wrong way
- parked on the curb
- being a generally nice person.

OK - I'm kidding about the last one but I am NOT kidding about the parking notice. What? Someone has their feathers ruffled when they parked in the wrong place.

I am so very black and white in so many cases.

My feelings were kind of hurt because that is just unnecessarily ridiculous. Then, when I came home that day, I parked off the curb and going the correct way.

I am big enough to admit and take responsibility for my mistakes. And I fixed them.

Still irritated that they gave me a notice in my own parking place. Just for meanness.

Why?

Yo no se!

I should have Vivi leave them a present. She is so sweet.

No comments: