Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Fried Rice with Coconut


Ok... I know you are wondering why there is a coconut leading the entry. I was tagged with some very explicit instructions from Jenn at Always a Texas Girl (See blog list to the right). It said to post the FOURTH picture from the FOURTH file of where I kept my pictures. Unfortunately for all of you, the FOURTH file happens to be of a work presentation about Childhood Apraxia of Speech. For those that don't know what that is (which I fully expect will by 99% of you), that is, in layman's terms, a motor speech disorder in which the mouth, lips, cheeks, jaw, teeth and tongue (oral articulators) "don't move right" just to put it very bluntly and succinctly. The specifics of the definition don't matter (in this forum). How does the coconut come into play?
When I make presentations for work or spend time teaching on a variety of subject matter, my presentations will not be boring. They cannot be because if they are, there is a very strong possibility that I would seriously drift off to sleep during the presentation. Don't question me here. I have fallen asleep in the middle of therapy before. (Just kidding.... or am I???) If it is boring for me, why in the world would I think it wouldn't be boring for them? I have to have some visuals or some significant and overarching analogy or something. For this particular presentation, my colleague and I took the previously developed analogy of Fried Rice that we took from another SLP and all the different versions to be had and made visuals for this. I have pictures of chickens, onions, garlic, peas, pineapple, pigs, shrimp, and green pepper along with COCONUT as possible fried rice compliments in this folder. Hence, the coconut picture in my FOURTH file as the FOURTH picture.
Having a blog really shouldn't be used for nonsense like this, eh? I could have totally smoked it if I had fudged and used a different picture from different number file. In fact, let's play a little chicken with that. I will now change the rules. I can do that. It is my blog. I now say, choose the .... the 8th picture in the 1st file OR the 1st picture in the 8th file.
I tag:
Jenn L
Mandy B
Amy M
Jodi M
Laura R.
GO.

No comments: