Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Can I ask a few questions?

Here's a few for the masses...

1) What, in the name of all that is shiny and bright, is "Woot!" ??
My vague understanding is like... slang for "Woo-hoo". Is this correct?
For those of you who use this ridiculous term, does "Woo-Hoo" use too much of your air or take too much time to say or what? And before you answer, most of you double up on the "woot" to make it "Woot! Woot!".
If you are a double mint "Woot-er", are you doubly happy? I hope so because you sound doubly ridiculous.

2) Who is watching the train wreck that is The Bachelor? Dear friends, I have seen my share of the bachelors over years and I have to proclaim that this season's show is, in particular, filled with complete nut jobs. I know.... editing. Right, right, right, right, right, right..... I'm just sayin' .... take it to the cleaners, even though we are in an economic recession, there are NO psychoanalysts losing their job over at ABC this year. In fact, they are putting in the overtime. I have never experienced the embarrassment in my own heart for these poor souls like I have this season. It is practically KILLING me but you better not be calling me on Monday night until after 9:00 because I just cannot help myself.

Also, on a side note, if you are a Bachelor watcher and you are not reading Lincee's recap blog, you are missing out on an incredible piece of work. Friends, this girl's blog gets thousands, THOUSANDS of hits each week just for that recap and ABC and host Chris Harrison are some of those reading each week. Here is the link: http://www.ihategreenbeans.com/

YOU HAVE TO READ IT!

OK, that was a short one with I guess, only two questions. Or at least, the only ones I asked out loud...

4 comments:

Laura said...

HATE the Bachelor. I do not understand all the gals obsession with the show. Oh well!

As for #1, all I could hear in my mind was my Ethan (5 yrs old) playing and yelling "Woo-hoo" at the top of his lungs. Made me laugh. I personally am not either. I prefer a good yell or loud laughter.

Unknown said...

I heard about 30 minutes of Bachelor a few weeks ago while painting - Terri was watching it, I think - and it sounded pathetic. Sad, sad people. I had rather be sniffing paint than see that drivel.

Check your email at your old address...I left you a note a month or more ago about the car parking situation.

Christi said...

Yes. The Bachelor is drivel. It is ridiculous. I get VERY embarrassed for these women who go on this show to find the love of their life. I watch it from behind a magazine, a pillow or both hands. We all are in total agreement.

Woot! (Did I use that right?)

D - got your message. Thanks for the email. the ticket is still up in the air, shockingly!!!!

The Lyons Family said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the whole "Woot" thang. If you become enlightened on the subject, please share your knowledge with me! :) Have a great weekend, Christi!