Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, March 19, 2007

The Madness (...and Music?)

I will admit it. I think it is only fair for you to know.

I am a bandwagon fan of the NCAA.

There. I said it. It is out in the open. I am only subtly ashamed but ashamed nonetheless. Bring on the stones.

My question is, how are you people not bandwagon fans and do you have more hours in the day than I do? I would love to religiously follow some of these teams but a girl has to primp sometimes, go to the gym sometimes, eat sometimes and sleep a few winks every now and then. Oh, yeah, and work 8 hours. How do you have time to see it all? I don't know but I do spend time following the tournament and if you will allow me, I have to send a few shout outs to some of these proud moments I watched this weekend.

First of all, let's go with the "hometown" peeps -

Can I get an AMEN for the representation of Tennessee in the Sweet 16? You have to give it up for the orange and white. And how proud am I to wear my Vanderbilt badge to work today? Please tell me you saw "the block". Please tell me you didn't miss it. Fabulous! They'll show it again - probably 137 more times before it is all over. Love it!

Now for the REAL hometown peeps -

I guess the best thing to say would be...

WHOOP!!!!

Can we talk for un momento about the rise of the Aggies (not those at the "beach" - although props to them, too) but those mired in College Station, Texas? Ladies and Gents - they have learned what to do with the big, round ball. My allegiance is not to them, but I have to give credit where credit is due and these lanky men deserve an ice cream. Maybe more. Perhaps they will rise to the level of the Lady Bears of Baylor U from a couple of years ago. There is always room to dream. I say this primarily for my oldest friend ever (light on the "old"), Alicen, for the purpose of "gig-ging" her but in all seriousness, Aggies give new meaning to the saying "pull yourself up by your boot straps". They certainly have from three short years ago when they were cleaning the castle basement and I have to commend them for their season ranking and their current job of mopping the floor with the joes served up to them. Cinderella, you have finally made it to the ball. (The pun was not intended.) Heads up for if they win, I will so be claiming "Texas" status loud and proud.

Now for the sad news...

Poor Kentucky.

What do you say except that Kansas is just better. I have no ties to Kentucky except that an old paramour rooted for them so I kind of got interested. Isn't that funny how things change but yet remain the same? (And by "funny" I mean "sad" but this is neither the forum nor the audience.... Aren't you lucky? - You dodged a bullet there!) I know everybody is up in arms about Tubby, but come on - cut the guy some slack. Please don't make me quote Janet Jackson on this blog. Please don't. It just seems that we have the case of "What Have You Done For Me Lately?' and lately, it hasn't been enough. See, now look. I've "Gone and Done It." Now, JUST STOP! Don't Make me quote Shania anymore either! Tubby just needs a little time at the "Copacabana" and he will be fine. He can hang out with ... Coach K ... and apparently Barry Manilow. They could be the 70's beach rendition of the Blue Man group? (By the way, do those guys scare anybody else? I just don't get that.) OK, enough of crazy talk.

Kansas was just better. What else can you say? Here is the simple equation:


More talent = more points more than likely.

And, I am about to claim the favorite female prerogative, the perpetual mind change. Carrie, get out your white out. I am rethinking my choice for the champion. I had Ohio State but I think I am going to pick Kansas after more thought. "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!" (Colin Raye????)

Did I mention I was born in Kansas?

GO JAYHAWKS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, the "old goat" must weigh in these matters.... Actually, I'm just glad that we're not to the point yet of Christi referring to me as her "oldest living friend"! I'm sure we'll be there one day, but until then, Christi, just remember that you're still 19 days my senior!

Regarding the Aggies.... WHOOP! We couldn't me more excited around here! (especially here in Austin with the early departure of the obnoxiously undeserving longhorns!) I'd really like to see the Aggies win it all. That said, I don't think it's likely. We're pretty new at this winning thing, afterall. But they are fun to watch! Acie Law is definitely THE MAN! How many game winning baskets can he make? Hide & watch!

As for Kansas, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but they will NOT win the big one. I just don't think they have it in them. Let's face it, historically, they've had monumental difficulties just getting through the first round.
So, I guess you better get back to yellin' for the Ags. Gig 'em!

Christi said...

I have comments regarding this - I will address on the blog and there will be updated commentary with regards to the Aggies, the Tennessee teams, the Kansas Jayhawks and my pick to win it all (on paper that is) Ohio State.
Where is Ohio State???

All in due time, my pretty. All in due time.