Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Do It Anyway

I read this in a random magazine a little while ago, printed it out and have it hanging in my cute little cubicle at work. I don't know the original author, but I would love to give credit where credit is due. It is a simple thing really, but an important one to remember day in and day out.
People are often unreasonable and self-centered;
FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives;
BE KIND ANYWAY.
If you are honest, people may cheat you;
BE HONEST ANYWAY.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous;
BE HAPPY ANYWAY.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow;
DO GOOD ANYWAY.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God;
IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU AND THEM
ANYWAY.
When it comes right down to it, we are not (or should not be) living for the affirmation of man but for the lone voice of God saying "Well Done". Can we really please both God and man simultaneously? Since both sets of values are at complete odds with the other, should we be concerned when we are accepted fully into the fold by others? I believe that God uses people as one way to convey encouragement to us, but to be consistently seeking approval from others rather than the one and holy God, I believe, is "putting all your eggs in the wrong basket".
Lord, I pray that You remind me that the only audience I should seek to please is You.

3 comments:

Pastor Jim said...

Can i really be the first to comment on your blog??? Hallelujah!!! Christi, it's good to see you're using your gift of gab to entertaint the masses. after all, it's been entertaining your friends for years. by the way, i had to make my own blog to post this comment. don't expect it to be as entertaining as yours. actually, don't expect it to be anything other than a way for me to comment on your blog.

amyomiller said...

Christi~

You never cease to make me smile – just when I need it!! I’ve had a particularly rough day and I really needed some words to lift my heart!
I love you!! Thank you for sharing your gift of words with those around you......

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I love, love, love it that you are blogging. It is a fun way to keep up with people. However, I must admit . . . I do NOT want to miss out on instantaneous phone calls when funny stuff happens to you.