Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Prayers: Answered and Unanswered

So, just to run down a few things of the recent past...

- Work is still extremely busy as usual, but with a few tweaks here and there, it is strikingly not taking as long to accomplish my daily goals and objectives. ** Answered prayer**

- I am finally getting somewhat settled in my new abode -clearly another example of the Lord's doing. I am enjoying the "lay of the land", so to speak, from general geographical area, to neighborhood, to actual condo floorplan. The provisions are more than I could have expected and generally more than I dared to hope. **Answered prayer**

- I have been feeling like the Lord is nudging me to start a bible study at work. Fear runs amuck honestly to imagine that undertaking. I prayed about it and asked the Lord to start opening doors if this is what He wants me to continue pursuing. Two days later, the new girl in my office and I have began talking and broached the subject of church and spirituality. It appears that she might be a believer! I immediately was reminded about my prayer about opening doors. Two days later, we continued discussing religion a little here and a little there and I got brave and mentioned that I was thinking about having a bible study at work during lunch one day a week. She said that she was totally on board with doing a bible study. I expect to start this in Early 2009. **Answered prayer**

- For some reason unknown to me, it appears that the Lord is financially supporting me in ways that I would have never suspected in many random ways. TOTALLY don't get that! SO HAPPY about that! I have praying for ways to save money recently and over the next several months. **Answered prayer**

- I am trusting that I have correct information in that THE ALBUM is actually on its last leg around the block. Seriously. I have received the final graphic and copy for my final approval before going to press. Seriously. I know. I didn't believe it either. I don't have it in my hand but I have been quoted that December is THE month! Just gotta get that proofing in before Thanksgiving. YAY!!!! **Answered prayer**

- I have two other major areas of concern right now as some of you know. However, I find myself being confident in Christ and Him exclusively through these issues. I find myself trusting and believing more with everyday that He has never left the throne of grace. In spite of me and not because of me, He is working and will glorify Himself and I am seeing the glorious riches of His grace. I don't always feel this to be the case, but I know this to be the case and because of this, I can rest securely in His sovereignty.

For He has done and all He is going to do...

Praise the Lord.

3 comments:

amyomiller said...

Thank you, Christi, for encouraging my faith through this blog! Praise God for so many answered prayers. :) We are BOTH starting new bible studies next year!

Christi said...

Thank you for encouraging me through your comments. Love you!

BCI Kids said...

Keep on keepin' on sister!