Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Colors Inside the Lines

I've been thinking...

When seeing a picture for the first time, would you rather see the image initially in color or in black and white? I think of the black and white photographs as ushering in framework, the concept, the purpose or the point. I seem to find the reason, the main idea, the critical elements in a black and white photo. Color adds clarity for me. It brightens the palette and brings emotion. It adds cohesiveness and bridges gaps between the "studs". The color changes the picture in aesthetic elements but does it, or SHOULD it change its structural elements? Does it shift your attention to style and away from substance?

What about in life? Are things always in black in white or are there truly shades of grey? Do the black and white issues of our day and in our lives build the framework for the parameters by which we choose to live? Does "color" or the extraneous things change those issues so much that it begins to change our foundational structure of who we are as people? What about as Christians? Or does color add a dimension of humanism that makes us who we are or who we should be? Should our lives be more about style or substance?

Sometimes it seems that if we allow it, the range of colors or shades of grey, could cloud the real point of the matter. Can the options of color distract us enough off of the main foundational principles and framework that we begin majoring on the minors and ignoring the majors?

Does this make sense to anyone but me? Am I totally off the mark on this? Thoughts? Comments...

No comments: