Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Now For A Toast...

Good evening Readers!

Here is the scoop...

Remember Dimples?

Yeah,
He's Toast.

Enter John.

HE'S what we're having (be)for(e) breakfast now.
Start the "ROCKY" theme song.
Can you see the stairs? Can you see the statue? Can you see me in sweats?
Can you hear me with a Philly accent?
Me, too!!
I have my reasons. There are several. After my discussion today with John-Boy, there are more. None of them are sung to the tune of:
"C-A-T-C-H---M-E---I'-M---F-A-L-L-I-N-G".
I could so give you songs that would explain fully some of the reasons. I don't want to be catty so I'll refrain but Carly Simon lyrics come to mind. Doesn't matter. My new trainer is the greatest. He has trained me before and I have nothing but positives to proclaim about good 'ol Johnny! Truly, if you live in town, I recommend him to anyone. He is beyond great and he doesn't even pay me to say that about him. In fact, I pay him.
I feel bad about Dimples because he seems to be a nice guy but like I said earlier, I'm going to need a really good reason to get up at 5:15 AM and drive over to the Y to fall down in front of "my peeps". Certain details about the current situation have recently come to light which removes even the shadow of a good reason to get up at that time. However, when I start with John, I will be getting up at 5 AM to BE THERE at 5:15. And happy to do it. (That might be pushing it a teensy bit. -- Maybe more like "Positively OK to do it" is more accurate.)
We'll keep you posted.
(and by "We", I guess I mean "my body and spirit"??
Maybe it is "my arms and legs"??
Could be "heart and lungs"??)
"na fly now.......Gonna fly now......Gonna fly now.......Gonna fly now.......Gonna fly now........Gonna"

2 comments:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I'm starting "THX" training on Oct 9. At least I think that's the name. Something about hanging on to these straps hooked to the ceiling and using your body weight to work out . . . . anyway, I totally see potential for disaster. Luckily, the gal that is leading the class goes to my church. maybe she'll have some grace for this fatty!

Mandy B Stenberg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!