Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Sunday, April 8, 2007

My Commitment As A Christian

I have seen this written in a couple of places but nobody seems to know where exactly it came from. If you know the originator of this writing, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. The moment I read it, I got chills. I now have it hanging beside my computer so I see it everyday. I think of it kind of like a life's mission statement - my goal would be to try to memorize it sometime soon. What a great testimony to be able to affirm this commitment daily!


I'm part of the fellowship of the uanshamed.
I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made.
I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow up, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sence, my future secure.
I'm finished and done with
low living,
sight walking,
small planning,
smooth knees,
colorless dreams,
tamed visions,
mundane talking,
cheap living,
and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by faith,
lean on His presence,
walk by patience,
lift by prayer,
and labor by power.
My face is set, my gait is fast,
my goal is heaven, my road is narrow,
my way rough, my companions few,
my Guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought,
deluded,
or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifce,
hesitate in the presence of the adversary,
negotiate at the table of the enemy,
or meander inthe maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up
until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up
for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus.
I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.
And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me -
my banner will be clear!
And AMEN!

1 comment:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

Hmmmmmm. Sounds very Beth Moore-ish or Tony Evans-ish. Not sure of the author, but I like it.