Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Can. Not. Believe. It.

It seems like it should still be in the 90's to me.  The other day, I wrote the date on my check as 12/28/19__.  Seriously.  19__???  Where have the last 11 years gone?  And why am I still writing checks?

Lots of beautiful things happened over the last 12 months in my life.  So many ministry opportunities, life experiences, difficult times and wonderful travels both domestic and internationally that have deeply impacted my life.  (Plus, I got a Kindle for Christmas which my right shoulder sincerely appreciates as it was close to having major damage due to my excessive love of books and the need to always tote them with me.  So, THANK YOU, Santa!)

The truth is, life is so full of unexpected surprises.  Some stand out.  Some make you want to sit down.  Some bring out squeals of delight and some bring cries for help.  This year, I feel certain there will be more of these unexpected surprises.  I expect my life to be changed, if not by circumstances, for sure by the way I handle these surprises.  ".....Lean not on your own understanding;  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."  (Prov. 3:5-6)  How much I choose to trust in God's Word and not my human logic or feelings will directly impact how I will assess the upcoming year.  I have so many goals and dreams for this year.  I know not if these goals will be achieved or dreams materialized but I have decided, it is not ultimately about the destination.  It is primarily about the journey.

What will your journey look like?  More than likely, it will not look anything like you anticipate.  God is funny like that.  He has His own plans.  If you're like me, you've got your own plans.

Whose plans will you adhere to in 2011?

No comments: