Welcome Y'all

Hopefully the name of this blog speaks for itself. I envision it being one of humor, exhortation, random musings, theological discussion, sports, and things that impact my life and could bless yours. Sometimes it might be a verse or a funny story, a sports score that has me up in arms or a profound truth that has hit me. I pray you find your visit here blessing your heart.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Awaiting Restoration

Hi Friends ~

I know that the upkeep of this blog has been sporadic at best. I love the accessibility it gives me to each of you and you to me even when life gets in the way. I love my little space to be able to put words to my thoughts and feelings and know that it adds a degree of stability to them rather than allowing them to swirl around in my mind. Thanks for indulging me in this avenue of thought processing, creativity, and random musing that needs a place to land. Please forgive the inconsistency of it all.

Those of you that I speak to regularly know that this year has been a difficult year. I have struggled in many areas of life that are, at times, to difficult to speak of; at other times, too difficult not to speak of. Please know that I appreciate your listening ears and supportive statements. I know there are a handful of you that are praying and I sincerely appreciate your love at this time.

In all honesty, these ongoing situations have been some of the most painful in my life. Thankfully, this confirms that I have a very blessed life since given a different perspective through the looking glass, one might not agree with the severity of the circumstances and or the overall effect of them on a person. However, I don't always know how to deal with the pressing truths that appear to confirm themselves each day. I don't understand the apathy. I don't understand the unforgiveness. I don't understand the dissatisfaction. I don't understand the seeming dissolution of relationships I have held so dear. I don't.

BUT GOD... in His infinite mercy and love and wisdom, does.

He knows how to right the wrongs.

He knows how to clothe the naked.

He knows how to feed the hungry.

He knows how to provide for the needy.

He knows how to change hearts.

He knows how to humble the proud and bring strength to the weary.

He knows.

He knew back 2000 years ago as well.

He knew how to test the heart of Abraham with Isaac on the alter.

He knew how to providentially choose a wife for Isaac.

He knew how to reconcile Jacob and Esau.

He knew the future of Joseph and his 11 brothers -
Orchestrated Joseph's dream,
The brothers' jealousy,
Their discarding of family relationships,
Joseph's numerous trials and testings,
His unlikely rise to power,
His brothers's request for assistance meeting physical needs,
Their compassion toward their family,
The revelation of Joseph and the restoration of a family -
Brother to brother and father to son.

As my pastor said this morning, quoting from a sermon by R.C. Sproul called "The Cry of a Baby", that the Lord knows how to place the entirety of His promised people, the Israelites, and send it down the Nile in a papyrus basket. Again, orchestrating the cry of a baby at the exact time an Egyptian princess was bathing, arranging Miriam to be in the vicinity and with quickness of thought and foot, brought about another restoration of mother and son.

All of this for the eventual restoration of His Son to me and to you. He brought this restoration forth through extremely narrow channels of blessing and protection. This symphony, God's symphony, started thousands of years ago and at the end of the first act, reached a pinnacle never seen before the birth, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. The Second Act has started and been building for the last 2000 years. I sense, in a very real way, His orchestration is in the midst of a crescendo as we prepare for the finale when His children, both past and present, will meet Him when He comes in the clouds. That moment will cast brilliant glory that overcomes every failed expectation, over-scrutinized argument, and fractured relationship or division that has ever occurred or existed. He will indeed be the King of the world, God Almighty and the Everlasting Father that has reigned and will reign forever and ever.

He provides for us in every way until the ultimate restoration between God - our Loving Father, Complete Provider, Reliable Comforter, Ultimate Restorer - and His children. Until then, "we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair, persecuted but not forsaken, struck down but not destroyed". (II Corinthians 4:8-9) We wait for the restoration of our souls and trust in the Lord's infinite mercy and kindness that He knows the best and allows these things to happen for our good and His glory.

May it be as He says and for however long He deems necessary. May I always stand in confidence that He is the Great I AM and trust that every note played and every chord orchestrated of my life is from the Omniscient Virtuoso. May I be willing to be played in any way the Master so desires with a faith so strong, the melody flows effortlessly.

2 comments:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I think about you and your struggle so often . . . much more often than I pick up the phone and call to check in . . . know that you are loved and prayed for!

Christi said...

Thank you, Mandy. Life is just life and if we had everything wanted here on earth, we would never long for heaven. Until then, we "(W)ait on the Lord, be strong, take heart and wait on the LORD!" (Psalm 27:14)